Profound Lessons from an Arabic Tale: Testing the Bonds of Love and Patience

This is a story of how a woman tested her husband's masculinity:


One day, a couple had a heated argument over something, and they both became extremely angry and exchanged harsh words. The husband and wife were both red-faced with anger. Without controlling her anger, the wife said to her husband, 

"If you are a man, then give me a divorce. I can't stay with you for even a second."

Her husband, trying to ignore her words in his silence, attempted to defuse the situation. But the wife continued, "You're not a man. If you are, then give me a divorce," and she kept on with similar remarks.

Even though his wife was generally pious and of good character, in this moment of anger, she was letting her tongue run wild, and the devil was working hard to separate them.

As her anger escalated, she said, 

"If you are a man, do this, do that,"

 and so on. Finally, she exclaimed, 

"I want your answer right now. You must answer me immediately."

Feeling compelled, the husband reluctantly wrote a few lines on a piece of paper, wrapped it, and handed it to her, saying, 

"Go, in the name of Allah. This is the door through which you came into my life. I have proven that I am a man. Now, go to your makeup."

The woman packed her belongings, and with her makeup on, she left for her makeup room.

When this story reached others, no one could believe that a man so kind and compassionate could act in such a way. How could he separate from his wife?

In the makeup room, days passed for the wife. She gradually felt the loneliness and began to regret her actions.

One day, she called her husband and started crying, saying, 

"You are everything to me. I can't live without you. You are my life, my soul, and everything." 

Her husband, with concern, asked, 

"What do you want now?"

The wife replied, 

"I was wrong. I said, 'You're a man, but I am an imperfect woman.' I admit that I was mistaken."

The husband responded, 

"That's what you wanted, and I fulfilled your demand. Now, let me see that paper you unwrapped."

The wife picked up the phone and uncovered the paper. To her surprise, it read, 

"My dear Ume Muhammad, even if the heavens and the earth collide, I will never, ever give you a divorce."

So, this was the actual paper that he had given her at that time.

Note: This story illustrates how the husband controlled his anger, and it emphasizes the importance of patience and understanding in a relationship, reflecting the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that a believer should not hate his believing wife or separate from her.
Tawha Ali

My Name Is Tawha Ali, I am a Hafiz e Quran & Amazing Like a Qari.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post